Question Audio crackle/static

Expheria

Commendable
Aug 1, 2017
I am once again, asking for your financial support.

I've made other posts about this a year or so ago nobody seemed to figure it out.

My audio starts to crackle / get staticy while I'm playing games, it gets worse when I try to stream which is why I bought this processor in the first place, so I cant even do that.

I've overclocked the CPU to 3.9Ghz at 1.31v and it made it stop when I'm playing games and listening to music, but it will still crackle when I'm trying to stream which makes the audio for the viewers pretty much ear bleeding.

Things I've tried:
Different headsets.
Different USB Ports.
Replacing the Motherboard, last one I had was a budget mobo.
Using all of the windows 10 power plans
Disabling any form of HPET
Pretty much every audio setting I've changed.
Installing audio drivers from motherboards site.

Could it be my power supply going bad? or just not being enough to support a RX 580 and a 2700?
Did I get a bad CPU somehow?

Also, I use Ryzen Master to watch temps, whatever EDC is at the top is pretty much always at 99% no matter what power plan I use. always red.

CPU: Ryzen 2700 (non-x)
MOBO: Aorus B450 M
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 500W (This PSU is atleast 3-4 years old, got it from a prebuilt PC from ibp)
RAM: 16GB corsair vengeance LPX 3000mhz
GPU: RX 580 Red Devil 8GB

A good start is putting your phone as far away as possible. You've tried pretty much everything. It's either a Windows setting issue or some kind of outside interference (most often it's due to phones). If that doesn't work, try plugging your PC somewhere else in your house and see if that does something.

Expheria

Commendable
Aug 1, 2017
My only issue is if I have it stock with turbo off, the crackle/popping is there all the time when im playing a game, and when I set clocks to 3.8GHz it will somewhat stop it, unless I have a video on youtube open while im playing Call of Duty.

So it cant be the PSU right? because when I set clocks higher and voltage higher, it should be drawing more power?

Is there something I can raise in the BIOS that will l help out? I read a thread on reddit to increase VDDG to 0.95V but I cant find it in my bios, I've been through every menu and submenu.

Ignore the music, but heres how it sounds, made the video for a thread I posted last year.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlMU2YlAISg

TRENDING THREADS