Question Audio crackling and mouse lagging ? [SOLVED]

Apr 3, 2022
This problem has been bothering me for a week and i want to get it fixed.

The problem is that whenever i start up my computer the first time in like an hour the audio cracks and mouse lags, and when i try to restart it just doesn't restart, its just stuck. However when i press the restart button on my computer case and it boots back up the audio cracks and mouse lag dissapears, but sometimes there is the audio crack that happens like once every 30-45 minutes.I have been using this computer for like a year and it just started happening a week ago.Thanks in advance

In case this helps i have listed my computer specs below

Specs :
Ryzen 5 3600
gtx 1660 super
corsair rm650
Wd Blue SN550
Teamgroup 3200mhz dual stick 16 gb
tecware forge m
MSI b450 pro-vdh max
archer link t4e ac1200

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You've posted in the Windows 10 section, with that what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? How old is the PSU in your build? As for your SSD, might want to see if the drive has any firmware updates pending.

Apr 3, 2022
Thanks for your response

my BIOS version/Date is American Megatrends Inc. B.70 6/10/2020
and the Windows 10 version im running on is version 20H2
I've been using my PSU for around 1.5 years now.
and as for the SSD firmware update, i do not know how to check whether it has any pending updates.

i posted in this section because i wwas not sure if it was a hardware problem.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Take a look in Reliability History and Event Viewer tools.

With the problems you describe either tool may be capturing some related error codes, warnings, or even informational events.

Start with Reliability History. Much more user friendly and the time line may help reveal a pattern.

Clicking any given error will provide more information. Unfortunately that information may or may not be helpful....

= = = =

Also PC being 1.5 years old. History of heavy use for gaming?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. Include plugs and ports - inside and out.

Inspect for signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, cracks in conductors, pinched or kinked wired, blackened or browned areas or components, swollen components. blocked vents.

Apr 3, 2022
Thanks for your response

There were some warnings that appeared in the event viewer, these are the event errors in order.

NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as a time source because of DNS resolution error on 'time.windows.com,0x9'. NtpClient will try again in 15 minutes and double the reattempt interval thereafter. The error was: No such host is known. (0x80072AF9)

NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as a time source because of DNS resolution error on 'time.windows.com,0x9'. NtpClient will try again in 15 minutes and double the reattempt interval thereafter. The error was: No such host is known. (0x80072AF9)

Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched.
Device is AAD joined ( AADJ or DJ++ ): Not Tested
User has logged on with AAD credentials: No
Windows Hello for Business policy is enabled: Not Tested
Windows Hello for Business post-logon provisioning is enabled: Not Tested
Local computer meets Windows hello for business hardware requirements: Not Tested
User is not connected to the machine via Remote Desktop: Yes
User certificate for on premise auth policy is enabled: Not Tested
Machine is governed by none policy.
Cloud trust for on premise auth policy is enabled: Not Tested
User account has Cloud TGT: Not Tested

Name resolution for the name win1910.ipv6.microsoft.com. timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

DistributedCOM warning (note : I don't know whether i should share it here because it had many ID's)

Disk 1 has been surprise removed.

Are there any warnings that might help in solving this problem ?, if not I will try to check the hardware of the computer like you said. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2022
Good news
i think i have found the solution to my problem, I'm pretty sure the problem was drivers, I recently updated my drivers and the issues are not happening anymore, Thanks for all your help.