sicangu

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
Specs: cpu Intel - Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor

Mobo: Asus - Z170-AR ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Ram: Patriot - Viper 4 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Gpu: NVIDIA - GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card

Psu: EVGA - 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Here's my issue I will start the computer up and the desktop page will appear and the driiiiing sound will come on there's a small pop driiing pop sound. When I play games online there's popping in the background and forget about skyping and playing games because the person is barely understandable. I did a latency check and I'm hovering just above the yellow I'd say it's 1050 around those areas. I will post a picture of needed. I have deleted and re downloaded realtek audio driver from the manufacturer website to no avail. The only solution (as far as playing games I have not tested playing games and skyping yet) is to plug headphones into my monitor and go into speaker settings and tell the computer that my monitor is my default speakers. I have scoured youtube for solutions and nothing works I feel that perhaps a usb external sound card may be the only solution all my drivers are said to be up to date as well. If I am missing something please help me correct this problem. Thank you for your help.

Solution
I use Advanced SystemCare from IObit. its free and it got everything you need.
From completly deleting old software and check everything on your pc and finding new drivers etc..

you can also use just a standalone drivercleaner.. But I recommend IObit.

Lakken

Notable
May 4, 2017
Check the headset cable, try plug the headset in another soundsystem
use driver cleaner or similar program to remove ANY trace of old drivers. Reinstall new drivers.

Which sound card do you have? integrated card?

sicangu

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015

the headset cable is actually what is bypassing the crackling when plugged into the monitor. When I plug the headphones into the tower the crackling persists. I know these are a good pair of headsets because they perform flawlessly when plugged into other computers. So when the speakers and my headset is plugged into my computer the crackling persists. Which driver cleaner would you recommend using for this operation? I do not have a sound card installed into the pc. So I am wondering if perhaps getting a usb external card would be the best option to totally bypass any interference inside the pc itself. What would your recommendations be at this point of time?

sicangu

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015

the headset cable is actually what is bypassing the crackling when plugged into the monitor. When I plug the headphones into the tower the crackling persists. I know these are a good pair of headsets because they perform flawlessly when plugged into other computers. So when the speakers and my headset is plugged into my computer the crackling persists. Which driver cleaner would you recommend using for this operation? I do not have a sound card installed into the pc. So I am wondering if perhaps getting a usb external card would be the best option to totally bypass any interference inside the pc itself. What would your recommendations be at this point of time?

I just plugged my speakers into the monitor and there is no crackling whatsoever. So the problem appears to be pc itself from what I have gathered here thus far.

Lakken

Notable
May 4, 2017
I use Advanced SystemCare from IObit. its free and it got everything you need.
From completly deleting old software and check everything on your pc and finding new drivers etc..

you can also use just a standalone drivercleaner.. But I recommend IObit.

Solution