Question Audio crackling issue on ASRock B450M Pro4 ?

-KamaL-

Reputable
Jun 23, 2019
Hello everyone.

I have a PC built with:

- ASRock B450M Pro4 (latest BIOS)

- AMD RYZEN 2700

- G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3000 - 16GB ram

- Corsair cx450m 450W PSU.

I just replaced my previous GPU (Sapphire R9 280x) with a a RX580 8GB 2048SP branded as Lexindar.

Since the upgrade I'm having an issue with any audio. This happens through the GPU whether it's through HDMI or Displayport to a monitor, and also when I connect wired headphones and get the audio through the motherboard Realtek audio device.

The audio makes weird crackling noise, similar to a coil whine, and sometimes it disappears completely. This also causes some performance issues and some slowdown when running 4k video files for example.

If I connect a bluetooth audio headset then it runs perfectly fine.

Here's a video showing the audio issues:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIT6Dnl-GKQ

I tried installing previous Adrenaline drivers and made some tuning changes suggested on other posts, and I also updated the motherboard BIOS to the latest version, but I still have this issue. I even tried running Windows 10 on the PC, and I still had this problem.

Any idea what the source of the problem could be? I thought it would be the GPU but since the issue happens when audio is going through the realtek integrated device, so I wonder if it's something that can be fixed by settings on the BIOS.
Also I'm wondering why there are no issues at all when audio is coming from a bluetooth device.

Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Corsair cx450m 450W PSU.
How old is this PSU? Is this the green labelled unit or the grey labelled unit?

I tried installing previous Adrenaline drivers and made some tuning changes suggested on other posts
Please walk us through how you reinstalled the drivers, and how you uninstalled them prior to reinstallation.

Latest posts