Audio Crackling/Popping with Realtek and Sonic Studio 3 (in games, music and more)

ivan.nza

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
Hello guys

I recently built a desktop with an Asus Strix B250G motherboard (and Windows 10) and I've been hearing crackling and popping audio when using headphones. I'm currently using Realtek and Sonic Studio 3 latest version, and have tested it with various configurations of the two, as well as two different headsets and two different audio output jacks on the PC.I have tried everything on the internet forums but nothing helped to me. The one thing when I uninstalled the Sonic Studio and realtek driver from Asus website the problem is gone but now I have shitty audio quality without good bass and EQ. Please anybody who can help me with this I can give you some money on paypal... Im so frustrated cause I tried really everything.

Thanks for your help.

Cystash

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
Is the issue a crackling sound as in, electric current going through a device not plugged in all the way. Or is it more of the audio glitching? I use to have some audio issues with an older mobo i had. The audio ports were built to close certian components on the mobo and would cause audio interference from the electrical current when the pc was under heavy load. When is this issue happening the most?

ivan.nza

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018

Actually this is happend most of the time when I do something for example play GTA V, or H1Z1 or even listen to music on youtube.

Cystash

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
Open up task manager and tell me the load on your cpu when your pc is at idle. That sounds like it could be cpu overload maybe. Also do you know what your cpu temp is currently at, both idle and under load?

ivan.nza

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
Yeah I tried it 2x times in few days. Actually I have new pc for like 7 days so its everythig new. I installed all the drivers from official Asus website. Now I have just default Realtek audio driver. Not from Asus website. Cause that one with Sonic Studio and EQ was doing that crackling. But It will be nice if I can use it cause now my audio sounds like shit without bass and EQ.

Cystash

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
It may be under powered, looks like it only has a 550watt psu. I have a 650watt psu that I'm going to replace due to under powering my gtx 980. I saw on another forum that people were having the same issues as you and Asus told them that there systems were under powered. That might be something to look at if you possibly have a higher watt psu to test with. I wouldnt go for anything under 750watts for your build that. I cant believe they would ship that with a 550.

ivan.nza

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
I have just asked the company which built this pc and they said that it shouldnt be any problems like that. They said me that its okey with this 550watt psu. Then I dont know. I tried plug in my (shitty and cheap) external audio card and its not happening but again I have shitty audio without popping. I work with music I am a pianist so I want good basses and EQ. I have good headset HyperX Cloud Alpha but with this shitty audio quality (with not poppint) its just very bad choice. I really dont know what to do if I should go reclaim to the company which just built this pc... Its so frustrating If you cant find and working sulution... :D But anyway thanks for answer and interest in my problem. If you can tell me what other kind a hardware problem can be just tell me :D --- Have a nice day bro.