Question Audio Crackling/Static Freezing PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2022
Hello everyone,

A few months ago i bought a pc, unfortunately, it has been a nightmare ever since.

My audio crackles or makes static noise on headphones or speakers (USB or jack) and slows down and freezes my pc when it happens, making me have to unplug and replug my headphones or speakers.

My pc has already been on warranty for 4 times now and even sent the motherboard to msi, only to have the reply: Its all working good.

Is there any form of external conditions affect my computer in this way? I've tried everything and nothing seems to help, i don't know if the guys at the warranty and msi are just kidding with me or if there is an external problem affecting my computer

I've been able to identify that when i'm plugged with audio via usb, after sometime when i'm playing a game the headset completly stops making sound and the mic dies too. However, when i'm connected via jack 3.5 the audio crackles at random times and slows the audio that is playing (it happens with all audio, i dont have to be playing any game).

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F

MEMORY: 32,0GB RAM

Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-A DDR4

GPU: ATI AMD Radeon RX 6600

STORAGE: Western Digital WD\_BLACK SN750 SE 1TB

What i have tried:

\- Install new drivers

\- Roll back drivers

\- Deactivate audio enchancements

\- Deactivate both AMD Streaming Audio Device and AMD Hight Definition Audio Device

\- Uninstalled Realtek and Installed again

\- Take of both GPU and RAM and put them back in again.

\- Check for the cable connections in pc

- Change Ethernet cable

\- Run Latencymon

\- Installed Windows again

\- Installed Windows 11

\- Clean Boot

\- Installed new BIOS version

I've been searching for a solution for weeks now, and nothing seems to help. I'm beggining to go desperate, can someone help me out? I'm literally desperate

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model information for headphones and speakers?

Do the headphones and speakers work without static etc. on other known working computers or audio devices?

Do other known working headphones and speakers work without static on your computer.

Determine if the static follows the headphones and speakers or stays with your computer.

How are the headphones, microphones, speakers all connected: plugs, ports, devices, adapters?

Check all plugs and ports for signs of damage and (for ports) debris inside. Use a flashlight.

Another possibility is TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve). There may be some mismatch.

FYI:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

Status
Not open for further replies.