Question Audio Cuts and i have to disable/enable my headset in sounds

zacreep

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
Hi, I've been having a problem where if i have too many programs or windows playing audio, or if im playing a game with an advanced sound engines, my audio will cut out and for it to work again i have to open up sounds and go to playback and disable then enable the device. It does this on all of the headsets i have, i have tried multiple usb ports. and it also does this when im doing things like recording or streaming. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my hardware, probably my motherboard, but i dont know what to do. I also have reinstalled all drivers, and uninstalled all other audio devices im not using so it wouldn't interfere but still no luck, any ideas?

Hello

If you're doubtful about the motherboard, can you please check if any BIOS update is available? If so, please flash the latest version and see if it helps.

Another thing you can try is, Run the SFC /SCANNOW Command and see if detects and fixes any issue with the system files.

If even that doesn't work, please try searching for Find and fix problem with playing sound in the Cortana search box, and follow the on-screen instructions from there to begin audio troubleshooting.

Feel free to report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

zacreep

Commendable
Oct 6, 2017
Hi, sorry for late reply, but I did all of that, I checked BIOS and its up to date, Cortana didnt have much to say and the scan didnt reveal much either. To be honest im not sure what could be causing it, i've even done a full Hard drive reset so i dont think its any programs i have. I also messed around with different headsets, device properties, etc. but nothing has worked yet

Jul 29, 2020
Did you have any luck finding a fix for this? I have been having this exact same issue for almost a year now and I cannot find a fix for the life of me.