Question Audio cuts out during usage of computer, freezing entire computer for a few seconds, then resolves after time passes

Sep 2, 2022
Recently, I have gone through two Razer kraken Kitty headsets in which I thought were causing this audio issue. I have tried to reinstall audio drivers, razer synapse, running diagnostics, changed usb ports, plugged into different ports in my io shield, everything to combat this issue, but it still continues to happen. Anytime audio is being transmitted into my headset, an issue may happen, causing a sort of beep and disconnecting sound, in which my entire computer and screen freezes. My mic on my headset turns red indicating the mic was manually turned off, and I cannot hear anything. Finally, after duration of time ( sometimes its longer or shorter than others times) Ill be able to hear music and game sounds , then voice chats, though I wont be able to talk for about a minute. It seems discord legitimately stops identifying and detecting my headset when this happens as well, and so I have to manually input that the headset is what I'm using for both my mic and my sound. I truly am stumped on what is causing this issue, and feel like I have tried absolutely everything I know in order to try to regain full access to my own computer I built myself. PLease let me know if there's anyone that can help me out, because at this point I'm open to trying absolutely anything.

Recently, I have gone through two Razer kraken Kitty headsets in which I thought were causing this audio issue. I have tried to reinstall audio drivers, razer synapse, running diagnostics, changed usb ports, plugged into different ports in my io shield, everything to combat this issue, but it still continues to happen. Anytime audio is being transmitted into my headset, an issue may happen, causing a sort of beep and disconnecting sound, in which my entire computer and screen freezes. My mic on my headset turns red indicating the mic was manually turned off, and I cannot hear anything. Finally, after duration of time ( sometimes its longer or shorter than others times) Ill be able to hear music and game sounds , then voice chats, though I wont be able to talk for about a minute. It seems discord legitimately stops identifying and detecting my headset when this happens as well, and so I have to manually input that the headset is what I'm using for both my mic and my sound. I truly am stumped on what is causing this issue, and feel like I have tried absolutely everything I know in order to try to regain full access to my own computer I built myself. PLease let me know if there's anyone that can help me out, because at this point I'm open to trying absolutely anything.
It's USB connected and maybe your USB port is shutting down. Did you try it in other ports ? USB drivers up to date ? USB2 drivers come with Chipset drivers and USB3 have own chip and drivers.

Sep 2, 2022
I've tried re-plugging it in to every single USB port on my pc: both connected through my case, and through the back of my pc. I've also checked the drivers for each USB port, and they're all up to date. No matter where it is plugged in, this problem occurs.

Just to get a little info about this pc run this and post a LINK to the results page.

UBM

Sep 2, 2022
Here’s a silly question. Do you have a spare headset to try? It could be your headset causing it and not the pc.
This is my second headset I've used on my pc, the second Kraken Kitty headset I've bought. I actually bought my newest one when this problem started because I thought this was the case.

I have never seen this type of test for a pc, but I made sure to run it, and it was definitely eye opening in some regards. Here's my results!
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55040756
Just to pick around the edges update the bios your way behind.

While your at the mobo site check the chipset driver also.

Enable xmp in the bios.

After all that is done.

Reboot.
Wait a few mins.
Run UBM with the browser closed.
Post a link to the results.