Question Audio cutting in and out, glitchy noise, weird behaviors.

Apr 20, 2020
Hey guys, I am having some problems on my Windows 10 machine making my audio glitchy at certain times. I am running off of Razer Surround with a Platronics Rig 500 (I have verified that this has worked). I do not know what is causing this glitch. It only starts after about 30-45 minutes of use. It even happens when I bypass the Razer Surround and use Windows' default drivers. This is very annoying, seeing as I do not want to restart my PC every 30 minutes. This is after a motherboard upgrade, fresh install of Windows, and I have tried pretty much every option on the internet (including turning off all effects, troubleshooter, but I have not installed the sketchy software they recommend I do lol).

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Apr 20, 2020
Hi,
Have you upgraded the sound card drivers?
Did you also experience video stuttering?
I don’t think I changed anything about the audio drivers expect using Windows Updates but Razer Synapse is the newest version of 2.0.
No video stuttering occurred although at one point my cursor started stuttering, a problem I never had on my previous setup. But that one doesn’t occur often so....

Apr 20, 2020
So... to update you all... turns out I never had the Realtek audio driver installed in the first place. I have AMD High Definition Audio Device and High Definition Audio Device. I am currently downloading the Realtek drivers after uninstalling the High Definition Audio Device.

Reactions: RamBoy_69
Apr 20, 2020
Nope... sure enough the problem still persists. It still starts happening after a while of use. I do not know what is causing this but it is becoming very annoying.

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
Nope... sure enough the problem still persists. It still starts happening after a while of use. I do not know what is causing this but it is becoming very annoying.
Open Device Manager. In the Disk Manager, you can run a scan for driver conflicts. To run this scan follow the instructions below.
  • Click Start
  • Choose Run command.
  • type "compmgmt.msc", This will run a scan of your drivers.
  • Or
  • Click Start
  • Click Control Panel
  • Click System
  • In the System menu, click the hardware tab.
  • Click Device Manager to bring up a full list of installed hardware drivers, Look for exclamation marks that indicate trouble.
  • Right click and choose Properties to evaluate the status and troubleshoot the hardware device.
Hope this will help. If it doesn't... please reply to this message.

Apr 20, 2020
Open Device Manager. In the Disk Manager, you can run a scan for driver conflicts. To run this scan follow the instructions below.
  • Click Start
  • Choose Run command.
  • type "compmgmt.msc", This will run a scan of your drivers.
  • Or
  • Click Start
  • Click Control Panel
  • Click System
  • In the System menu, click the hardware tab.
  • Click Device Manager to bring up a full list of installed hardware drivers, Look for exclamation marks that indicate trouble.
  • Right click and choose Properties to evaluate the status and troubleshoot the hardware device.
Hope this will help. If it doesn't... please reply to this message.
Still didn’t work... problem still occurring. Sorry for the late response I got really busy.

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
MEGA BRUH... try this...
  • In the device Manager, click IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers [+] to open the tree.
  • Choose the Right Click and Select Properties
  • Click Advanced Settings tab. Under Current Mode, make sure it has a DMA Mode Setting. If so, you are ok
  • IF you DO see PIO, you need to uninstall driver and reboot.
  • Remove it by clicking the driver tab and choose Uninstall. Your system will reinstall the driver after Windows loads and restore the Ultra DMA status.

Apr 20, 2020
MEGA BRUH... try this...
  • Click Advanced Settings tab. Under Current Mode, make sure it has a DMA Mode Setting. If so, you are ok
  • Remove it by clicking the driver tab and choose Uninstall. Your system will reinstall the driver after Windows loads and restore the Ultra DMA status.
I will try that in like two minutes but I’m starting to have another issue where sometimes when I have just started my computer my display turns all glitchy and eventually turns black. Sometimes showing the cursor. Like this stuff is starting to scare me. Could I have messed up my Windows installation so bad that this happens?? Like it can be fixed by a simple restart but it still scares me that this stuff is happening.

Apr 20, 2020
MEGA BRUH... try this...
When trying to this I have two things labeled “Standard SATA AHCI Controller” and no advanced options in either of them.

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
  1. On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. Type in mmsys.cpl and press Enter.
  2. Right-click your default playback device (the one with a green tick) and click Properties.
  3. Click Enhancement. Make sure the box for Disable all enhancements is empty. Click Apply and OK to save.
OR
  1. On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. Type in mmsys.cpl and press Enter.
  2. Right-click your default playback device (the one with a green tick) and click Properties.
  3. Click Advanced tab. Select 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality). Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
  4. Test to see if your sound is still stuttering. If yes, go back to step 3 and try some other formats until you find the one works for you.
OR
  2. Mark down the name of your default sound device. The screen shot shows High Definition Audio Device. Your could be different.
  3. On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. Type in devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
  4. Double-click to expand Sound, video and game controllers. Right-click the driver for your default audio device and click Uninstall device.
  5. Click Uninstall.
  6. When the uninstall finishes, restart your computer. Windows will automatically find and install a correct audio driver for you.
OR
  1. Download this --> https://www.drivereasy.com/kb/DriverEasy_Setup.exe
  2. Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
  3. Click the Update button next to the flagged audio driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).

Hope this FINALLY helps. But if not... reply to this message.

Apr 20, 2020
  3. Click Enhancement. Make sure the box for Disable all enhancements is empty. Click Apply and OK to save.
OR
  3. Click Advanced tab. Select 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality). Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
  4. Test to see if your sound is still stuttering. If yes, go back to step 3 and try some other formats until you find the one works for you.
OR
  2. Mark down the name of your default sound device. The screen shot shows High Definition Audio Device. Your could be different.
  3. On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. Type in devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
  4. Double-click to expand Sound, video and game controllers. Right-click the driver for your default audio device and click Uninstall device.
  5. Click Uninstall.
  6. When the uninstall finishes, restart your computer. Windows will automatically find and install a correct audio driver for you.
OR
  2. Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
  3. Click the Update button next to the flagged audio driver to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Are those “OR”’s or “AND”’s?

Apr 20, 2020
Are those “OR”’s or “AND”’s?
Okay, I have done most of those, and the problem still perstists. I did not do the DriverEasy method because I have had bad expereiences with automatic driver updaters and by a quick Google search, DriverEasy is the same of all the others. I am going to try and uninstall all my drivers a different method and see if Windows finds anything new.

Apr 20, 2020
Okay. I am completely baffled. Unplugging my WiFi USB adapter fixes the problem. Recently I uninstalled the “driver” that is supposed to make it work because I was having difficulties staying connected. Sure enough, after I uninstalled it, no issues. So I kept it that way and then I also plugged in my Bluetooth USB adapter so I could watch movies with Bluetooth earbuds while sitting on my bed. This caused some problems like when Bluetooth was active, WiFi wouldn’t work and vice versa. This happened on my previous computer but I never bothered with it previously and just left it unplugged. But this time I got it “working” somehow except we now have this problem. These adapters are both supposed to be plug and play but seeing as Bluetooth is less important to me right now I am just going to keep it unplugged for now and see if that fixes my issues. God, I can put a PC together and understand the backbones of the OS and what the parts do and everything but I guess I never know what the crap is actually going on inside that little case. It’s mind boggling, really.

P.S. Both the adapters came with disks with drivers (I assume) but I have installed them before and nothing really changed. Especially with the Bluetooth one. The WiFi one gives a visual to connect to WiFi but I can just do that with Windows and it still works without it.

Let me know if you have any feedback from this. I would like it if my sound, WiFi, and bluetooth could all work but I guess if I must sacrifice something it would be the Bluetooth. Everything worked before then.

Apr 20, 2020
OR
OR
  5. Click Uninstall.
OR
Okay... back to the start of this whole thing and unplugging my WiFi USB adapter no longer works (I have kept my Bluetooth one unplugged).

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS