Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus XP Driver

bigfellas43

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Hello,
I Have a driver problem which is giving a Code 18 on a Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus..
Im running XP SP3 and the device is a Conexant but I cant find any drivers for my Advent 7111 that rectify..
Please Help...

muhammadanas

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013

pitoguli

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
this helped by me .. http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/diagnose-and-fix/detail.page?DocID=HT062544
I was on desktop PC with this error (after motherboard change), Motherboard sound card was with installed drivers, but i still was getting this error, so what was wrong...
As i understand the reason was because i was heaving a video card with HDMI port (which transmit HD audio ), so i needed to reinstall the drivers for the card for the its audio part ... and beacuse the drivers were already installed , i just go in device manager clicked on update driver and searched for the directory...
I hope it works for others , because i lost 2 hours on that....

frznng

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014

Thanks pitoguli, your solution helped me. Uninstalled the faulted driver in Device Manager (ticked the box that said uninstall the driver software or something). I didn't even reinstall the audio driver that came with the graphic card driver (NVidia in my case). Scanned for new device and boom, it worked. Hope that helps.