Audio device on high definiton audio bus

T8KDWN

Honorable
May 19, 2012
So I just got this computer fixed after about two years maybe and I had to update all the drivers. I have no sound. I downloaded an updated realtek audio driver but this AUDIO DEVICE ON HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO BUS thing has a yelow mark next to it.
Running
Windows Xp Pro
ServicePack 3
AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+

Solution
Try this driver HERE

This driver is manually installed. Right-click on your device needing driver in device manager and select 'update driver' and browse to where you unzipped the file to install.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&p=unknown+device+AUDIO+DEVICE+ON+HIGH+DEFINITION+AUDIO+

T8KDWN

Honorable
May 19, 2012

that doesn't really help. Ive been trying to google what to do but i keep getting threads with different system specs or driver updaters you must pay for

Only other thing I can suggest is to search by vendor code and device code in device manager.

If you go in device manager, (for whichever device you need driver for)
Right click properties for the device, go in details for the device driver.
You will see a code like per example VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS...

The VEN code means vendor and the DEV code means device: in this case the vendor is 8086 and the device is 27D8.

Once you have the two codes, go to www.pcidatabase.com.
Enter the two codes and you should get the name of your hardware. From there you can search for a driver download for your hardware.

T8KDWN

Honorable
May 19, 2012

The audio bus has unknown properties on it. Shouyld I do theis with any of the other realtek audio drivers or specifically the audio bus

Un-zip it to a folder. Go to device manager where you see the yellow exclamation mark. Right-click on that device and choose "Update Driver" Choose to load the driver from a specific location and browse to the folder you unzipped the files into and windows will find the inf file, click Ok and it should go in.

T8KDWN

Honorable
May 19, 2012

Then what should I do?

After that driver is installed and the yellow exclamation mark is gone, Go back to control panel and open "Sounds and audio Devices"
Click the Audio tab and the first drop-down box has the default audio device, make it your normal sound device because it might have ATI High Def sound as the sound device chosen (which is needed for HDMI sound, but not for any other sounds).

T8KDWN

Honorable
May 19, 2012

Thanks so much! works now!

Latest posts