Audio discs won't play except on PC.

JasonSage

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
I've recently encountered a problem where any audio discs I burn don't work in any type of media player (mobile cd player, car cd player, etc). At first I believe the CDs would still work on my computer, but when I found out that a disc I had burnt didn't work I bought a new CD/DVD writer (I need one for college anyways) and gave it a shot.

With the new writer, audio discs I burn will work on the computer, but still don't work in a regular CD player. I have since updated my RealTek drivers (and codecs, I assume) from their website. I have tried burning CDs with iTunes and Windows Media Player, at both slow and high speeds, without gapless burning. Burnt CDs still only work on my computer. I am using CD-Rs and I am positive that I am burning audio discs not data discs.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

JasonSage

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
I am quite positive.

I'll take a look next time I'm out. Is there anything specific I should look for as far as what brand of disc I get? The last batch of discs I got were Memorex CD-Rs.

EDIT: I just tried a Memorex CD-R that is from a set of CDs I bought perhaps a year ago. Still works only on my computer.

JasonSage

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
They're all .cda files.

EDIT: Now that I'm looking, all of the .cda files are wrong. I'm showing that they're all 44 bytes large. :/

EDIT EDIT: Apparently that's just a windows thing, regarding their filesize.

JasonSage

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
As I mentioned earlier, this is a brand new CD player, and the one I was using before that was coming up on 6 years old. Why should either of them not be working? It tells me that it clearly doesn't have to do with the CD writers, and I doubt it has to do with my hardware...

Ignore the comment about the filesize, as I suspected that's a windows thing. Still, I'm just as lost as you are. I've triple checked everything I can think to check, there is really no reason why this should be happening. :p

Do you know any place where I could get more help?

TRENDING THREADS