Question Audio doesn't work - No Jack Information Available

tr0ubl3mak3r

Commendable
Sep 24, 2018
Hi everybody, my audio disappeared some time ago, and I tried everything I could: uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers in Audio and Sound sections in Device Manager, changed the settings in Control Panel -> Devices and Sound -> Sound, ran the troubleshooter, nothing seems to be helping. I even checked my computer for Windows updates and the driver updates in HP Support Assistant, and installed anything I could find. The laptop is HP 840 G6, and so it's a pretty new computer; I think it's less than 1 year old. As such, even though I understand I can ship it to HP for warranty, but I want to do it if nothing else helps. Before that, I'd try to reinstall Windows, first keeping all files, and then removing everything it the previous step wouldn't help.

However, I'm sure there is an easier solution. It's a built-in speaker, though, so I'm not too sure what could be wrong. It's not disabled, it's not muted, it just doesn't work. I compared the settings to my another computer (maybe not all, but at least, most of them) and all settings seem to be good (at least, the ones I can change). I tried to change the audio drivers, I had a choice among 3 different drivers, and I tried them all, but none worked. Why is it saying that the "no jack information available"? How do I make them work?

UPDATE:
Joined the computer via TeamViewer, the sound still doesn't work, BUT!!! when I plug in the headset, I can hear the audio through TeamViewer. How and why?

Last edited: