Question Audio footage only heard through headphones but not speakers

Sizzer97

Honorable
Jun 30, 2015
Sorry if this thread is in the wrong category, I wasn't sure where to post this.

I am currently editing a video for HZTV and a common issue that we have dealt with in the past is that most of our audio footage only works through headphones, but not speakers.

Here's an example of one of our videos:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8odIYhLG7KY

Although the audio can be heard through Apple computers and possible iPhones(?) you cannot hear any audio from the microphone without wearing headphones.

I think the reason for our audio problem is the fact that we record with a camcorder that has a minijack plugin, but the microphone we use for the interviews is XLR, and we're using a XLR to jack adapter, connected to a jack to minijack adapter, which I don't think might be a proper set-up, but this might be temporarily as I bought a proper XLR adapter that works well on my DSLR, but I have yet to test if it works on the camcorder.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro (and I also have access to Audition), and I was wondering what are possible ways to get the audio footage to work through the speakers.

TRENDING THREADS