Question Audio goes through headphones Razer Kraken

May 29, 2022
Hi everyone, I've used a pair of cheap "Newbo" 20 bucks headphones in the past and didn't face this problem, but last year I bought a pair of Krakem Xs and then upgraded to regular Krakens
First issue: I can't record audio while recording with AMD GPU Software when output is set on 7.1 on windows. I either set it to normal or audio isn't captured
Second issue: Whenever I'm in calls, people can hear what I hear in my headphones. I can't use Spotify while on Discord cuz of this issue as it stops music from playing, and also bothers the ones I'm calling. Everything from game audio, to youtube videos, to music goes thru. I tried looking up many tutorials, but so far I've never solved this problem.
Is there any way I can solve this? I don't really want to get an external mic but if I have no other way around it I guess I'll have to

Ralston18

Titan
Also update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

How are headphones, etc. all connected? Devices, cables, plugs, ports, adapters (if any)?

= = = =

Did it all originally work or has the problem just started?

Any new components, software, software updates, along the way?

However if the problems have been ongoing then it could be a TRRS issue.

FYI:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

Take a close look at plugs and ports.

May 29, 2022
Do you have "stereo mix" enabled? If so, disable this.

Right click on the speaker icon on the taskbar --> sounds --> recording
It's disabled
unknown.png

May 29, 2022
Also update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

How are headphones, etc. all connected? Devices, cables, plugs, ports, adapters (if any)?

= = = =

Did it all originally work or has the problem just started?

Any new components, software, software updates, along the way?

However if the problems have been ongoing then it could be a TRRS issue.

FYI:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

Take a close look at plugs and ports.
I had no issues while using some budget headphones, whoever I do since I bought the Krakens

My build is:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X
RAM: 32Gb Vengeance Pro RGB 3600Mhz
GPU: RX 580 8G Sapphire Nitro+
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Case: Aerocool Shard ATX Mid Tower

Headphones are connected to the Front IO thru the splitter that comes with the headphones.
Some of the issues I'm facing are:
Mic is too quiet and I have to add a +10 boost in order to be heard; Audio from my headphones goes thru mic and others hear it; I can't record videos with audio if output is set on 7.1 instead of regular