Audio Help - Looking for a new setup

Sheddemon

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Hello guys,

Looking for a new setup for my audio.
I am currently just using my Kingston HyperX Clouds and onboard audio. However I want to experience better sound quality as I am in the processing of changing my complete gaming setup.

Okay so I know that many of the gaming headsets are very overpriced, however I do like the sound of having a wireless headset (pardon the crappy pun) as the wires on my current headset do get in my way and sometimes I forget im wearing the damn thing and almost end up pulling my PC of the desk.

So I have been researching a little bit and have decided that I wanna get the best audio possible for a decent amount of money with features such as 7.1 surround as I play alot of games, I also listen to music, watch tv shows and films, youtube videos etc , If im gunna do this I wanna do it properly and I also want it to last me a while

I was thinking of using the Audio Technica ATH m50x's paired with the ModMic 5. Connected to the sennheiser GSX 1000 audio amp. They have the 1200 but im not sure on the differences between them. Any suggestions on a different headset will be appreciated. My questions are that will the m50x's be compatible with the GSX1000.

Are there any other solutions that I could potentially look into? Any feedback would be great as Im no expert in audio.

Many thanks in advance

Shed.

Sheddemon

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

Sorry forgot to mention. I would say £500 for everything.