Question Audio interface like Focusrite or ext amp/dac for pc gaming/music output to trs to xlr ?

NickyB

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
I am within the return period of my focusrite....are there better external/dacs/amps that would better for playing games/music output to studio monitors than my focusrite 8i6?

Anything better than it for gaming audio quality at 269 bucks? I bought the focusrite but I think that is geared toward recording and headphone/mic use. I just have two studio monitors and care about playing games audio out and music.

What I want is better quality audio output to my studio monitors for playing games and listening to music. I do not have headphones or will record anything with this. This is strictly for output of gaming audio and music audio to two yamaha hs7 studio monitors.

I have them currently connected to a newly bought focusrite audio interface. But for 269.00 I am thinking I could get something better suited for gaming/listening to music instead of recording.

What would work well for me at 269. price point? I am using trs to xlr cables to the balanced jack in my HS7s. Thank you!

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS