Audio is coming from the opposite driection when playing games

aviv05443894

Prominent
May 13, 2018
Hi, I just bought a new Headset (Kotion Each G9000), and I'm having a sound issue. The directional audio for games (Fortnite,CS:GO) is sometimes opposite. If someone is shooting in front of me, they sound as if they're shooting behind me. It's the same thing with movement too. I've tried so many solutions but non of them worked. I updated the audio drivers. Didn't work. I tried looking all over the internet. Didn't find anything on the issue. I tried every sound format from 7.1 to Headphones. I checked both of the games' options to see if I could change the audio format there as well. Made sure it was set to Headphones in the Realtek HD Audio Manager. Didn't work. I really don't know what to do and if the problem is the headset or my pc. Please help me!.
Edit: I wear the headset the right way 100%.

Solution
to be sure it isnt the headset, you have an old pair or earbuds that you can plug in ... does this solve the issue? = headset fault.

windows 10 1803 is the april release and you may have the grey coded developer/insider update (by microsoft accidental release) unless they have patched it since. this has some restrictions and possible that it also misses some drivers that might make your headset function unintentionally wrong.

your mobo is unfortunately part of a batch of 'not so well vetted' - there are some reports of faulty boards, is this a new board or has only started to happen recently?

aviv05443894

Prominent
May 13, 2018

1) 3.5mm
2)Yes I have.
3) I already did that.
4) Windows version: 1803, mobo model: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. H110M-S2H-CF (U3E1)
about the last question I'm not sure...

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
to be sure it isnt the headset, you have an old pair or earbuds that you can plug in ... does this solve the issue? = headset fault.

windows 10 1803 is the april release and you may have the grey coded developer/insider update (by microsoft accidental release) unless they have patched it since. this has some restrictions and possible that it also misses some drivers that might make your headset function unintentionally wrong.

your mobo is unfortunately part of a batch of 'not so well vetted' - there are some reports of faulty boards, is this a new board or has only started to happen recently?

Solution