[SOLVED] Audio Issues after Windows Update KB4515384.

Boopig

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2014
Hey!

So, as many of us know. The Windows update KB4515384 really messed up some people's audio. But after uninstalling the update. My issues are still present, all be it less severe. My headset is a Razer Kraken V1 7.1 USB. Using Razer Synapse 2.0 for its management.

My problem is that after uninstalling the update, my audio improved but didn't return back to normal. Surround sound was still terrible, audio, in general, was quieter. And the issues were the most present in games, Overwatch, Dota 2 and Escape From Tarkov.

Today, I reinstalled windows. To really make sure everything was how it was. I even created a new account on Razer to have a completely fresh profile for my headset in case something there was the issue. This brought some success. Surround sound has (as far as I can tell) returned back to normal. However. My audio is still noticeably quieter. I have double, triple checked everything I could think of: Discord attenuation, made sure communications activity has been set to 'Do nothing', checking all my games settings are where they should be. If I would estimate the change I'd say my audio is about 20 - 30% quieter than normal.

Just to clarify. All my issues started with the update that brought KB4515384. Nothing else that was installed with that update has been uninstalled.

Any help would be very appreciated, Thanks!

Solution
Hi! I had the same problem. What I did was run the msconfig.exe and selected the Boot tab. Select Advanced Options and go to the Maximum Memory Bok and set the value to 3072. I restarted my laptop and my audio was back,

I hope this helps.
Sep 22, 2019
Hi! I had the same problem. What I did was run the msconfig.exe and selected the Boot tab. Select Advanced Options and go to the Maximum Memory Bok and set the value to 3072. I restarted my laptop and my audio was back,

I hope this helps.

Solution