Audio issues, in desperate need of help

Fruit Loops

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015
Hi everybody, first off thanks for reading. So I recently got a new asus laptop and I love the thing to death, however there is 1 minor annoyance and that is the sound volume. The laptop's speakers are fantastic and perfect however plug in headphones and its a diferent story. The laptop has realtek drivers so I decided maybe I'd try and remove them and use the default windows 10 hd audio drivers. And so I change drivers but I get no sound with the generic drivers. Absolutely nothing. However, the odd thing is that when I click "test sound" or configure, all the green bars light up full, indicating that there is sound and I'm just not hearing it. Additionally the sound indicated is miles above the realtek volume which struggled to break past half way on full volume. So my question is can anyone tell me why i'm getting no sound from using window's default drivers, why realtek is making my volume so low and how can I increase it. Thank you very much for your responses.

Solution
Well here is something you can try... uninstall all the audio drivers then reinstall the drivers that go with your realtek sound device. Why would you want to use the microsoft generic drivers? also if its not broke don't mess with it. i dont get why you would want to use the generic drivers instead of the actual realtek driver... i get why no one answered this post cause if you would have just left your working drivers alone then you wouldnt be in this situation

Skipping-Bear

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Well here is something you can try... uninstall all the audio drivers then reinstall the drivers that go with your realtek sound device. Why would you want to use the microsoft generic drivers? also if its not broke don't mess with it. i dont get why you would want to use the generic drivers instead of the actual realtek driver... i get why no one answered this post cause if you would have just left your working drivers alone then you wouldnt be in this situation

Solution

Fruit Loops

Reputable
Apr 18, 2015
The realtek drivers were an issue, the volume was constantly fluctuating, the sound could never go above a certain threshold and was just all in all buggy. I did reinstall the realtek, and it seems to have fixed the fluctuation of volume but the sound is still pretty soft unfortunately. Thanks anyways.

W Fallon

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
I doubt that the Realtek drivers are a problem. Install the latest one from Realtek only (not some driver update app, they're dangerous).

Volume problems usually involve the Enhancement tab in Sounds.

Go to Sounds, Playback, click on the speakers, Properties, Enhancement.

Usually the problem is fixed by checking Disable all enhancements.

On some computers enabling Loudness Equalization fixes it. I have no idea why, it's just the way it goes. You pick the one that works best.

Bill

TRENDING THREADS