[SOLVED] Audio issues please help. At my wits end.

Blazefireheart

Honorable
Sep 18, 2014
I don't know if this should be under "Motherboards" or "Windows 10" so I just picked one.

Before I explain, I want to say that I've already tried going to my motherboard manufacturer's website and downloading their audio driver, I've tried using the audio driver that comes with Windows 10 update. I've also tried using "loudness/sound equalization" but it still doesn't sound the same way it use to be. I'm currently using the audio driver that comes with Windows 10 updates. I'm at my wits end with this.

I feel like I'm the only person plagued with this problem. It happened to my old PC when Windows 10 updated one day and I was never able to figure out what the hell the problem actually was. I have a new PC now and I have the EXACT same problem that the old one had, except this has been happening since Day 1 of having this PC. I've had this PC for about a little over a year now. It makes watching videos and playing games unbearable.

The issue is that sounds, be it from video games or just regular web browsing (watching videos, etc) are inconsistent. One or a couple sounds will sound completely normal while others will be too loud or too quiet. Let's say I'm playing a game and I shoot a weapon, it would sound extremely loud vs everything else/certain sounds. This differs between games and videos (it could even be background noises in a game being loud while everything else is quiet).

I'm not the most tech savvy person. I have no idea what's causing this and I'm at my wits end after dealing with this for a while now. If anyone has any questions, suggestions, or have dealt with this themselves and found the solution to it, please throw them my way. Thank you.

Solution
I use mainly speakers now. I stopped using headphones with this PC because the sudden loud sounds would hurt my ears.
Ok, so it seems like the sound issues started after a windows update. They probably changed their audio drivers and settings. To be honest, I don't think I can be of much help here, as I'm definitely not an audio expert. I suggest getting in contact with one of the audio experts on the forum.
Mar 11, 2021
I use mainly speakers now. I stopped using headphones with this PC because the sudden loud sounds would hurt my ears.
Ok, so it seems like the sound issues started after a windows update. They probably changed their audio drivers and settings. To be honest, I don't think I can be of much help here, as I'm definitely not an audio expert. I suggest getting in contact with one of the audio experts on the forum.

Solution