[SOLVED] Audio issues when connecting to TV and AV system via HDMI

dpassenger97

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2014
I am facing 2 issues with my Strix G15 (5800h with rtx 3070).
When I connect my laptop to LG CX directly via HDMI, i cant toggle Dolby atmos. All my drivers are up to date. I've tried using the optional driver but its still not working. When I click on Atmos for home theater but nothing happens. My display shows up as AMD high definition audio device.
While ideally that should work. However to mitigate the issue, I plug my laptop directly into my AV receiver. Now I can use dolby atmos. However the audio is all messed up. The movie tracks (dolby trueHD) have a lot of distortion. The issue isnt present when I use different laptops with Intel CPUs. I have googled and apparently others are facing a similar issue. I haven't been able to find a solution so far. any idea on what to do?

Solution
You might want to see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates. If you don't have any OS and BISO updates pending for your laptop, you can try and set the default audio output device to be that of Realtek(provided you have more than just AMD;'s audio output device in the Audio output window/field. Can you shoot us a screenshot of the audio devices present in both Device Manager and Audio Manager?

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates. If you don't have any OS and BISO updates pending for your laptop, you can try and set the default audio output device to be that of Realtek(provided you have more than just AMD;'s audio output device in the Audio output window/field. Can you shoot us a screenshot of the audio devices present in both Device Manager and Audio Manager?

Solution