Question audio issues

Dec 18, 2022
I'm having some audio issues, I can't hear some things in my games. For example, when I play rocket league I can't hear my own car or any cars behind me, when I play call of duty I can't hear some gunshots and other misc. sounds, and now when I play spiderman I can't hear the characters talk and fighting sounds are really quiet or nothing at all. I attached a video of the spiderman game to give you an idea.

I'm having some audio issues, I can't hear some things in my games. For example, when I play rocket league I can't hear my own car or any cars behind me, when I play call of duty I can't hear some gunshots and other misc. sounds, and now when I play spiderman I can't hear the characters talk and fighting sounds are really quiet or nothing at all. I attached a video of the spiderman game to give you an idea.
To be honest, I've had that problem in that game every now and then, though not often. Last time I did, I reloaded the last checkpoint and it didn't do it. It was an issue with Miles' dialog not playing. So do that test next time it happens, after all, many have reported bugs with that game, and it just came out.

Also keep in mind if you're on an Nvidia GPU that is an older model, especially GTX vs RTX, that may be partly it, as Nvidia has been a bit irresponsible lately rushing things to market, like the 4090 with those cheesy adapters. This could also mean they are not spotting problems with their drivers, especially with older GTX models.

Dec 18, 2022
To be honest, I've had that problem in that game every now and then, though not often. Last time I did, I reloaded the last checkpoint and it didn't do it. It was an issue with Miles' dialog not playing. So do that test next time it happens, after all, many have reported bugs with that game, and it just came out.

Also keep in mind if you're on an Nvidia GPU that is an older model, especially GTX vs RTX, that may be partly it, as Nvidia has been a bit irresponsible lately rushing things to market, like the 4090 with those cheesy adapters. This could also mean they are not spotting problems with their drivers, especially with older GTX models.

I reloaded the check points a few times, but I'll keep trying that... I have a RTX 2080TI and I thought it was a driver issue, so I went into the windows driver settings and looked, and it says everything is up to date, but I then went to the Nvidia website to search there, and it updated the driver. which fixed the problem on WZ2 but it seems the problem is back again. I also downloaded WZ2 on my laptop and everything worked fine, I could immediately hear a difference.

I reloaded the check points a few times, but I'll keep trying that... I have a RTX 2080TI and I thought it was a driver issue, so I went into the windows driver settings and looked, and it says everything is up to date, but I then went to the Nvidia website to search there, and it updated the driver. which fixed the problem on WZ2 but it seems the problem is back again. I also downloaded WZ2 on my laptop and everything worked fine, I could immediately hear a difference.
Driver issues can result from just corrupted installs too, so make sure you run DDU in safe mode to uninstall the old ones, before installing the new ones.

As far as the laptop vs the desktop, I'm not inclined to believe there's anything to that unless your desktop needs a firmware update for the MB's onboard audio or sound card, whichever you use.