Question Audio Jack Front and Back not working

TheeCatalyst21

Reputable
May 23, 2019
I don't really know what could have cause it to fail, but I was playing Fallout 4 then the game crash as well as my PC.

I've already installed the latest Realtek Audio drivers and tried to do the Nvidia Audio as well. My monitor dosen't have any built-in speakers, but my PC does and it's working fine.
Uninstall & Reinstall didn't work for Realtek drivers, but my Headphones are working fine, also tested a Plantronics headphone with a usb dongle(note: it's using a RJ11)
I found a usb dongle for a 3.5 jack online and plan on using it once it's delivered.

PC Specs:
HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF
Windows 7 Professional
Intel Core 2 Quad 9400
Hewlett-Packard 3048h motherboard
GT-1030

Sorry need to edit. The built-in speaker in the PC is working, my headphone is the one not being detected.

Last edited:

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
I had similar problem like yours. My problem has been figured out. The Motherboard Audio chip has been died. So I changed it(The motherboard). Since it is working flawlessly. I hope I could help.

Selynelar

Honorable
Feb 19, 2019
Try to go into your bios and check if your on board audio is enabled. When you connect any jack in the rear try to set your output for speaker or something like that. Check on the tray that the sound output is set to your speakers output if you connect with jack it shouldn't be digital output or the monitor/vga.

For now these are my advices. These steps i did when finally I decide to take my computer into a computer store to repair it :(

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
The monitor doesn't have speakers you say, but does it have a headphones socket?

In which case you could have the Nvidia GPU provide audio to the monitor via HDMI or DP, and then connect the headphones to the monitor.

Which would be cheaper than buying a sound card - as long as the monitor has a headphones port, and an HDMi/DP input, anyway :)

TheeCatalyst21

Reputable
May 23, 2019
The monitor doesn't have speakers you say, but does it have a headphones socket?

In which case you could have the Nvidia GPU provide audio to the monitor via HDMI or DP, and then connect the headphones to the monitor.

Which would be cheaper than buying a sound card - as long as the monitor has a headphones port, and an HDMi/DP input, anyway :)
Sorry for the confusion, the monitor does not have a audio jack. The monitor is a hp compaq la2205wg.

TRENDING THREADS