[SOLVED] Audio jack noise

Jan 7, 2019
When I plug in my headphones in 3.5mm jack (any headphones) and when music is played and then paused a loud hiss is audible (it is however audible with music, but it is hidden by music) for a few seconds, then stops... If I rotate or move the plug, it makes the hiss even louder and the hiss is synchronized with my plug movement... When the hiss stops, rotation hiss also stops.... It always happens, no matter what app or headphones are there... Treble also seems somewhat distorted, as well as bass... Is it an headphone jack issue? It is not a PC, it is an LG G7 phone (noise is few times louder on QuadDAC mode), however it is related and I wanna know what is the problem...

Jan 7, 2019
I tried cleaning it, however, it didn't help... I tried paper clips and contact cleaners, but nothing helped... Jack keeps moving, so it is probably loose jack... However, I am afraid of sending it to service as they would cost me atleast three times more than the actual price of the headphone jack...

lthampton

Notable
Jan 8, 2019

If the jack keeps moving it's definitely loose, and not making a proper connection with the board in the phone.