Audio jack problem with rear

Jun 2, 2018
Alright, if i plug in my speakers on the rear jack, no sound comes through, same story for when using head phones on rear jack. When i have speakers in rear and headphones in front, speakers and heaphones work simultaneously. Would be lovely if my rear jack would work on 1 device only as well. Any ideas?

Doseq

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
RMB on Sound icon in right corner > Playback devices > RMB on device you want to turn off(for example headphones) > Turn Off(or Disable?)
Not sure if I get it right, your minijack on motherboard output sounds only when you have a other minijack connected on the front of your case?

Jun 2, 2018

Both devices dont even show up on playback devices tho, but yes. I need to have front minijack connected for the back one to work. When I disconnect headphones, the sound panel shows the green indicators for sound coming from speakers, (that are in the back jack) but in reality, as soon as I dc front jack, the speaker sound goes out.

Doseq

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
Whats your motherboard model ? Is your front panel jack connected to the pins on motherboard correctly ?
Are you using some software to manage the sound ?
If your devices are not listed in playback devices then they shouldn't play any sounds. Click RMB on the white space in playback devices and choose Show disabled devices.

Jun 2, 2018

Okay. my bad. One of the devices is showing up, for the front jack only. Motherboard is asrock 320m-dgs
the thing is, the problem started today, and i havent done any tweaking with audio settings, which is weird. Nor have i had this problem beforehand.

Jun 2, 2018

Thank you, sir.
Didnt think that realtek would be outdated. Thought i had it covered.
Thanks again for help. everything is working fine now.