Audio Jacks Are Not Working

Atilla280

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
My front or back audio jacks are not working. When I use my TV as sound (using dual monitors, 1 monitor other is a TV) it works fine but when I try to use my good speakers or headphones it doesn't play any sound. However, the computer registers that they are plugged in. Anyone know what could be the problem?

Solution
Yeah that is the problem you have to switch the audio out put device in windows.
You have to do this for example if you have 1.5mm audio jacks on the back of your computer.

What you normally do is set your back ones for Audio output to your speakers.
And then at the front of the system,playback and record 1.5mm jacks to a communication device like a head phones and a desktop mic. or a headset. You can swap them over from front to back depending on where you like your speakers or headset to be plugged in. If the Icons are grayed out you have to right click on them to enable them for use.

Atilla280

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012

I've done this. Doesn't work still.

Yeah that is the problem you have to switch the audio out put device in windows.
You have to do this for example if you have 1.5mm audio jacks on the back of your computer.

What you normally do is set your back ones for Audio output to your speakers.
And then at the front of the system,playback and record 1.5mm jacks to a communication device like a head phones and a desktop mic. or a headset. You can swap them over from front to back depending on where you like your speakers or headset to be plugged in. If the Icons are grayed out you have to right click on them to enable them for use.

Solution