Audio keeps going really fuzzy & distorted, no idea how to fix :(

Superflydwyer

Reputable
Nov 4, 2014
Hi guys, I recently bought a Scarlett Solo interface, and am now running my speakers through it and through my computer. Since i started doing this however, fairly frequently my audio will just start to fail when i'm on a game or watching a video. The sound goes really distorted and is barely understandable when doing it. Short of just removing the interface, which I don't want to do, I have no clue how to fix this. Any help would be hugely appreciated guys, thanks.

Solution
Hit delete to enter bios when boiting. Go through the menus and find onboard audio to disable. Save and reboot.

Try uninstalling audio drivers for the onboard, maybe also reinstall those for the Scarlett. Start with that and see how it goes. Hopefully its not defective. Check for bad phono cables causing the buzzing.

gondo

Distinguished
First off try connecting your Scarlett to a USB 3.0 port to get a more reliable voltage signal compared to USB 2.0. Some higher end motherboards even have dedicated USB ports for use with DACs. Or you can get PCI-E USB cards for this purpose to get better USB signals and clock timing.

Now are you plugging your speakers through the Scarlett as a DAC, or plugged to your computer and only using the Scarlett for capturing MIC/instrument?

Personally i would disable your onboard sound in the bios, and do all audio through the scarlett. Unless you have some super high end sound card you want to use. For gaming use something like Razer Surround software to simulate 5.1 over the hedphones through the Scarlett. Just turn 5.1 off in the Razer software when doing music.

Superflydwyer

Reputable
Nov 4, 2014
Thanks for replying Gondo, I'm not the most technical guy with this stuff, so forgive me if i get anything wrong here.
I'm running my speakers through a phono to phono cable into the Scarlett, then usb'ing the Scarlett into my pc's rear USB 3.0 port. How would I go about turning sound off in BIOS? And would it affect recording guitar or anything?

gondo

Distinguished
Hit delete to enter bios when boiting. Go through the menus and find onboard audio to disable. Save and reboot.

Try uninstalling audio drivers for the onboard, maybe also reinstall those for the Scarlett. Start with that and see how it goes. Hopefully its not defective. Check for bad phono cables causing the buzzing.

Solution