Question Audio Mic Y adapter amp draw?

Mar 14, 2020
So bought a standard 3.5 mm y adapter for audio and dedicated mic. Here's the issue...

Mic works fine standalone, audio works fine, but when i introduced the splitter into the equation, (on multiple devices) the mic i bought specifically (omtp clip on) does not want to work.

My crappy earbud inline mic works when plugged into the dedicated mic input, but the lavalier mic i bought does not. Audio comes thru fine either way. So im thinking its amperage?
cuz im pretty sure the crap earbuds are omtp as well.

I could explain why i'm trying to do this.... but inevitably i would receive the response "why dont you just buy the dot dot dot" or "why dont you just"... and so forth. I am a stubborn low born saiyan what else can i say.

ANyways thanks in advance for any support. I can post specifics if need be

Y adapters are not standard, and here is probably your issue - the one you got is to split an audio output in two (so you can plug two sets of headphones). YOu need to match the adapter to the socket you're plugging it into - phone, laptop etc.

Mar 14, 2020
To clarify I meant that the mic worked through my earbuds when I plugged it into the mic port but not the cavalier mic in the y adapter. It's the right adapter ^^ color coded for mic and headphones.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS