Audio not clean through displayport

GetOwnedGaming

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Hi all. I run my audio through my displayport to my monitor, so that my headphone jack is close enough to use earbuds that have short cords. Also, just more convenient in my setup.

Anyway, the audio coming through seems to have a static effect, matching the sound of whatever audio is playing. It's not background static, it's distortion. I have checked all my cabling and whatnot, to verify it's all good. Doesn't matter if I use headphones, earbuds, or speakers, still distorted. I have traced it all the way to the monitor, so I know its between the monitor and the PC, maybe drivers, not sure.

When I use the normal headphone jack on the case it sounds fine. I updated nvidia drivers last night, so it may be that. I restarted my PC and it sounded fine for a song or two, and then it started to distort again. Suggestions? Thanks.

GetOwnedGaming

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014

Haven't done that yet, as I don't have one. Local stores charge like $30, so I'm waiting on amazon to get me one on Thursday, assuming I can't fix it before that. It's interesting that it sounds fine after restart. It consistently sounds fine for a few minutes after restarting my PC. I'm going to pull out the cable and see if maybe it's too close to a power cord or something.