Question Audio not working after PC crash ?

May 8, 2022
Hello, recently my computer crashed and my audio stopped working altogether. The graphics card also was running very poorly, which i managed to fix after updating the drivers (it kept saying there was an error loading drivers). Although, i havent been able to hear anything since. There also is a clicking noise, and the lights around the audio jack of the front panel of my case keep flickering. Here is what i’ve tried:
  • Updating drivers
  • updating bios
  • updating chipset
  • deleting and reinstalling drivers
  • using different audio devices that work on other pcs
  • using both front and back panels
  • making sure realtek is enabled as my primary audio device.
  • reinstalling windows 10
Please let me know what you guys think. From what i’m seeing it seems to be a short in my motherboard, but i want to confirm that. I also dont know how to deal with a short and would like some advice if you guys think that’s the case. Would getting a sound card or using USB instead be a better solution?

May 8, 2022
Im so sorry i thought i posted this.
2tb seagate internal hard drive
MSI b450 a pro
Ryzen 5 2600x cpu
Thermaltake Smart 700W power supply
G.skill Ripjaws V series 2x8gb ram.
Win10 64 bit
If theres any other information you need let me know :)

Last edited:
May 8, 2022
Xfx radeon rx 570.
my case is Apevia Aura-S-BK Mid tower case

I just tested and the audio works when I put the 3.5 mm jack into my monitor, but I still would like to know why it isnt working on my case. Thanks :)

Last edited:
First off this psu is not even good for a mid range pc like yours. I wouldn't be surprised it's already acting up. The RX 570 is power hungry and putting stress to the psu will reduce its life span. Audio issues don't seem related though. Go to device manager and find audio devices expanding the list. Do you see any exclamations or problems there?

May 8, 2022
I dont see any specific errors in device manager, but when I go to my current device list and see my active devices, there are no audio devices listed. I also tried disabling my devices and enabling them again. Looking at my motherboard in the bios, it does say my JAUD1 has power running through it. If you need pics of anything lmk.
Do you have a suggested psu unit for my pc? I honestly thought my psu was fine, so I dont know what to get.