Question Audio on AOC u2868pqu

asheenlevrai

Prominent
Feb 18, 2019
Hello,

I have AOC u2868pqu and no sound coming out of the built-in speakers (audio-in cable in Audio-in port). I found out the speakers only start working when PIP/PBP is turned on (even with nothing as secondary source) and Audio is set to ON in PIP settings. speakers become mute again as soon as PIP/PBP is turned OFF.

Thoughts?

Best,
-a-

asheenlevrai

Prominent
Feb 18, 2019
Hello,

I have AOC u2868pqu and no sound coming out of the built-in speakers (audio-in cable in Audio-in port). I found out the speakers only start working when PIP/PBP is turned on (even with nothing as secondary source) and Audio is set to ON in PIP settings. speakers become mute again as soon as PIP/PBP is turned OFF.

Thoughts?

Best,
-a-

asheenlevrai

Prominent
Feb 18, 2019
Hello,

After some testing I found the origin of the issue.
Actually, the Audio-In port only works when VGA or DVI cables are used as video source. When HDMI or DP is used, Audio-In is automatically disabled and the user is forced to rely on HDMI/DP audio.
This is very inconvenient. Competitors offer the option to select between DP audio and Audio-In when using DP, for instance. This is much smarter.

I believe that this issue could be easily fixed with a firmware update of the AOC u2868pqu. Allowing the user to select the audio source when the video source is HDMI/DP.

I guess there is no workaround, is there?

Best,
-a-