Question Audio on multiple USB wireless headphones crackling and disconnect. Wireless mouse has major input lags while headset is crackling.

Oct 16, 2020
I recently started experiencing an issue with my Logitech G933 headphones where the audio would constantly crackle up and disconnect. I found out this issue was something that other G933 users had experienced and tried out the basic troubleshooting such as resetting the device, completely uninstalling the Logitech software and all headset drivers and reinstalling, tried switching to several other USB ports (3.0), etc. As a side note I have two of these headsets and both were having the same issue. Logitech suggested that I send the items in for repair, I declined as the possibility that two headsets were having the exact same hardware problems at exactly the same intervals.

Skip forward a bit, I went and bought a Corsair Virtuoso Wireless SE headset. Plugged in the new USB dongle and low and behold, I'm having the same problem. While listening to music, I can hear a crackle in the headset as I did with the G933s and my mouse will have major input lag at the same time.

Is there possibly an issue with my mobo, USBs, drivers, etc.? Could I possibly be maxing the power usage of the USBs?

I've unplugged everything from the USB that does not need to be plugged in for the computer to operate (keyboard, mouse, headset, bluetooth dongle, monitors (USB Vsync). I've also unplugged my Samsung Smartthings hub in case that was causing interference. Still noticing the issues.

I've run Intel's processor diagnostics which passed. I ran windows memory diagnostics which also passed.

When the problem is happening, it seems that I get a crackle in the headset, audio quality shifts between high and low, mouse will lag for 1-2 seconds every 30 seconds or so. Sometimes audio will go out completely for 5 seconds and reconnect.

PC Specs if needed:

Windows 10 64-bit
Asus Z390-A prime mobo
Intel I-7 9700K
EVGA 2080
(4) 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro
750W Gold Power Supply
Logitech G903 Wireless Mouse
(2) Dell S2417DG monitors

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS