Question Audio one one side of headset becomes static sometimes ?

Lourens_1

Honorable
May 6, 2016
I got an xbox controller recently and opted to use my xbox's input for my headset since the cable that goes directly in my pc has worn out over time.
it works perfectly fine while doing mostly anything but when I play games one of the two sides (its random which one) of my headset audio just goes very soft and becomes a bit static.
its easily fixed by going into my sound settings and using the test option . plays the sound on both sides and it goes back to normal.

I have no idea what causes this but it seems to only happen when in combat where there is allot of sound being played, so my best guess is that my headset "peaks" out and something goes wrong.

any help would be great

headset : Sennheiser GSP 500

Lourens_1

Honorable
May 6, 2016
You said "the cable that goes directly in my pc has worn out over time." what does that mean exactly? Are you talking about the headset cable? If there are issues with it, that can cause what you are seeting.
My headset came with 2 cables, one that goes into the two ports at the back of my pc and another that goes into a controller , the one that goes into my pc ports directly worn out so I switched to the controller one when I got a new controller.