Question Audio only comes out 1 channel....

xfile102

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
I built an SFF PC with the Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX mobo. For whatever reason, the Audio from the Line Out is single channel only. It's driving me crazy. I have tried several speaker setups. The sound only comes out of 1 speaker channel. I disconnect the 3.5mm plug and put it into the computer next to it, and boom: Stereo audio. Laptop: Stereo Audio. Nintendo Switch: Stereo Audio, and the same with an old Android phone used for emulation, Steam Deck, and an RG351P. I tried using several 3.5mm audio extension cables, no change. It's frustrating. I have checked Windows settings, they are identical to my other PC. I have tried reinstalling the Audio drivers as well.

NOTE If I plug the cable in very slowly, at just the right position I get audio from the Left channel only. Once fully plugged in, only the right channel. What gives? What am I doing wrong?

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your audio device? There are many 3.5mm cables with more than 3 poles, that are used on a phone and has a mic connection on said extra pole;
post-243744-0-04400700-1448827303.png

Got a picture of the cable/plug you're using?