Audio out to receiver shows up as a monitor on pc

jguff330

Honorable
Nov 15, 2014
I have a geforce gtx 1060 with 2 DP monitors connected and an HDMI going to my AV receiver. The audio works on my receiver but in my computer's display settings the receiver is showing up as a third monitor. If I disconnect that 3rd screen in display settings then the audio doesn't work. I can link the "3rd monitor" to the actual 2nd monitor so there's no imaginary screen real estate but then it wont let me calibrate my screen colors because it wont let you do it to a mirrored display. Any ideas?

Solution
Video is embedded with the sound so its a tricky one. Unless your AVR has an option to like turn off video which is probably highly unlikely but for any possible chance for what you want, would look at the AVR menu itself. If not, then probably stuck with optical (I know audio restricted) or analog/component audio if your AVR allows it to use with motherboard audio.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Video is embedded with the sound so its a tricky one. Unless your AVR has an option to like turn off video which is probably highly unlikely but for any possible chance for what you want, would look at the AVR menu itself. If not, then probably stuck with optical (I know audio restricted) or analog/component audio if your AVR allows it to use with motherboard audio.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS