[SOLVED] Audio problem Windows 8.1

littlesitch

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
I downloaded the recent GeForce experience driver. After the reset I lost audio I've done everything I can find on the internet and the only thing that worked was changing the ssd. the sound bar moves up and down and I get static from my TV. Clean install does not help.

Solution
Why are you still running Windows 8.1? Most hardware manufacturers are not developing new drivers for 8.1 so any new drivers are a crapshoot as to whether they will work if you are using that OS and drivers intended for use with 8.1 are probably not going to work well with recent versions of Windows 10.

It would be wise to upgrade to Windows 10 while you still can, for free. Likely your driver issues will resolve themselves. They don't want people on the older operating systems and this is one way to make sure people get OFF those old OSes.
Why are you still running Windows 8.1? Most hardware manufacturers are not developing new drivers for 8.1 so any new drivers are a crapshoot as to whether they will work if you are using that OS and drivers intended for use with 8.1 are probably not going to work well with recent versions of Windows 10.

It would be wise to upgrade to Windows 10 while you still can, for free. Likely your driver issues will resolve themselves. They don't want people on the older operating systems and this is one way to make sure people get OFF those old OSes.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS