[SOLVED] Audio problems on startup

nickthestick123

Prominent
Aug 5, 2019
So i built my computer about 2 years ago and ive been adding little things onto it ever since. for the past few months ive been having this odd issue where, when i start my pc up from shut down or restart (not sleep mode, it works perfectly after sleep mode), no sound will be produced. its almost like the audio drivers arent starting upon startup. the problem is always remedied after i do Win+R>services.msc>Windows Audio>Restart, then the audio plays like normal. yes, the service is set to "Automatic".

im happy to provide any logs you need to help fix this problem, im just not sure which ones would be helpful or how to get to them.

Asus motherboard (Hero IX, i believe)
Nvidia Asus ROG STRIX 1070 GPU
Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz CPU (LGA 1511, obviously)
Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit)
[no aftermarket sound cards]

This isnt the biggest issue in the world since i rarely actually turn my computer off, its usually in sleep mode, but it would be nice not to have to deal with it anymore

Solution
Thats an odd one. I would start by reinstalling the audio drivers. This can be done by going to Device manager and licking on your audio settings and then the default sound device. Go to properties and click drivers then reinstall