Question Audio Question

tcprix

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2016
I hope this is the right place to put this but here I go.
Been trying for days if not weeks to try to be able to play my guitar to have it come through OBS so I can play live on Twitch.
I go from my guitar, to my interface (Focusrite 2i2 1st Gen) to my PC. I've gone into a program called Amplitube in which I can hear the effects of the guitar on my headphones but when I try to record on OBS it just picks up acoustic guitar sound with no effect.

Now I know there is a software called VB-Audio VoiceMeeter which has several programs inside of it all. That is supposed to be a digital cable to transfer audio to different places in different ways etc. (I'm no expert and I'm sure most of you know this).

Now OBS no matter what I try I cannot pick up the audio from the guitar with effect on it. I've downloaded an ASIO Plugin on OBS and tried that too but nothing seems to work. Just so lost and want to blow my brains out. Yes it's that bad.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
OBS = "Open Broadcaster Software" - correct?

Link:

https://obsproject.com/

My question is how is the input to Amplitube (software) fed into OBS? Or supposed to become input into OBS?

Is the ASIO Plugin supposed to do that?

Not totally sure of the overall logic and physical connections.

However if you put an audio splitter on the input to the headphone with one split to the headphones and the other split going to wherever OBS gets its input - does that work?

Update your post to include hardware specs and audio components with ports and cables.

Even a sketch showing how it is all physically connected and how the software is configured may be helpful.

TRENDING THREADS