Question Audio randomly cutting out, but only in certain games ?

Mar 4, 2021
Hey all,

I'm currently exeperiencing a problem with my PC that's driving me insane. The game audio in League of Legends, Valorant and Assassin's Creed Odyssey is randomly cutting out for a second or so. There is no pattern or game event that could be triggering this. It also occurs on every playback device. I tried my ASUS Xonar DGX, my Steelseries Arctis 7, the onboard Realtek Audio and even the Playback feature of my Shure mic. No matter the device, the audio stuff keeps happening. I also reinstalled Windows and every possible driver yesterday, but the problem persists.

These cutouts only occur in these games. My system audio is fine, it also works fine in WoW, Hades or Witcher 3. I also disabled the Discord Overlay because I was thinking that it could be the root of the problem, but it did not change anything. The graphic performance in said games is fine, there is no stuttering or FPS lags. It's only the audio cutting out.

I'm very curious on what's causing this problem and how it can possibly be fixed. Do these games have anything in common that could be an indicator for the solution?

Thanks in advance,

Some info on my specs:

i7-8700k
RTX 2070
16 Gig of RAM
Tuf z370 Plus Gaming II

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS