Question Audio software stopped working but fixed itself after reboot

Ishit Arya

Honorable
Feb 27, 2014
My motherboard audio driver requires me to install a third party software called "Nahimic". This software was stuck in loading screen after I changed many of its settings in short period of times while also opening and closing it multiple times. Doing a restart fixed all the issue.

I'm still worried that in the process I might have broke the software, the software was stuck in loading after I increased my microphone boost to max and closing it. There was no issue saving and closing the application but it got stuck in loading after I open it again.

I don't notice any audio difference and luckily I even made a external audio quality sample before this bug occurred. There was little to no difference in audio quality between both audio recordings (I recorded audio through external mic placed at same spot and at same exact volume)

But it's still bothering me that the app is somehow broke. I'm new to PC so I don't exactly know how application work. I installed windows 2 days ago so there won't be any problem reinstalling everything if anyone recommend me on doing so.

Uninstalling and reinstalling this application is extremely hard for a newb like me since I need to uninstall not only the third party software but entire audio driver and also messing around with registry edits. So even if its not broken, if I mess around with these settings it'll definitely break.

All I want is a conformation regarding should I reinstall or not reinstall windows and if the app itself is broken or not. I'll be really glad if anyone could help me out here.

Here are my System specs if needed

CPU- Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU- RTX2080
Motherboard- MSI B450 Carbon Pro AC
RAM- Corsair Vengeance 16 GB
PSU- Cooler Master 750w

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS