Question Audio sputter

May 15, 2021
This happens on one particular game, Horizon Zero Dawn. Sound constantly stutters and sputters. I have updated RealTek drivers. Also my GPU drivers. I tried to update Nahimic drivers but then they were absent from my Sound options.

Is an MSI GF75 supposed to use Nahimic or RealTek? If Nahimic, could someone point me to where I can get the drivers? I can only find links to Nahimic software.

I'm a little confused as to usage - it seems like the hardware is RealTek-does that mean that Nahimic drivers use RealTek speakers?

Thank you.

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
I understand that Nahimic is a combo equalizer and spatializer. There's no driver for that.

Turn off Nahimic in its configuration app, and see if that helps - Which is doubtful but might worth a shot.

Do you have any other source you can try? A Bluetooth headset or a USB soundcard, for instance?

May 15, 2021
I have a bluetooth speaker I could try. I should say that I've played a few other games on this comp (it's fairly new) and I haven't had this issue.

When you right click the speaker icon in the tray and click Sounds option then Playback (I think) Nahimic used to be listed, but since I tried a Nahimic repair tool it is no longer there. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.