Question Audio stopped working, but it's not the usual issue - it's actually very weird

Oct 25, 2022
Hi guys I have a very weird issue I really need help with, and im sure its unrelated to drivers etc

Lets start here; my monitor audio stopped working - but it started in the weirdest way. On Discord you can share your spotify session with others for them to listen along, I shared one and clicked on the album art and boom - my monitor audio didnt work anymore (sound still works through headphones etc)

Now I tried looking for help the entire time (this was weeks ago) to no avail no matter what I tried, so I assumed my monitor speakers blew up and are dead now
However today I booted up league of legends and the intro song played through my monitor perfectly fine, but whenever I receive audio from literally ANYWHERE else all audio stops working including the league of legends intro song, and I have to return to the menu on league to get it working again. Meanwhile when looking at the sound configuration screen it doesnt even say that my monitor is playing audio when the league of legends intro song is playing, even in the sound mixer it doesnt say that my league is playing any audio (but it does mute whenever I mute through sound mixer)

I tried to check if volume played a role by putting my league volume all the way to 100% but it still worked perfectly fine, however any other sound will disrupt this and cause my monitor to not play audio again (odd little millisecond of sound every couple seconds)

This has to be the weirdest PC issue I've ever experienced and I really want to get this resolved, I'm relatively sure now that my monitor is not the issue}
Oh and when I say anywhere else I mean literally anywhere, you know that little sound windows makes when you adjust your audio? Even that little sound will stop my monitor from playing audio properly, and I'll have to reopen the league menu to get it working again

Oct 25, 2022
Hi guys I have a very weird issue I really need help with, and im sure its unrelated to drivers etc

Lets start here; my monitor audio stopped working - but it started in the weirdest way. On Discord you can share your spotify session with others for them to listen along, I shared one and clicked on the album art and boom - my monitor audio didnt work anymore (sound still works through headphones etc)

Now I tried looking for help the entire time (this was weeks ago) to no avail no matter what I tried, so I assumed my monitor speakers blew up and are dead now
However today I booted up league of legends and the intro song played through my monitor perfectly fine, but whenever I receive audio from literally ANYWHERE else all audio stops working including the league of legends intro song, and I have to return to the menu on league to get it working again. Meanwhile when looking at the sound configuration screen it doesnt even say that my monitor is playing audio when the league of legends intro song is playing, even in the sound mixer it doesnt say that my league is playing any audio (but it does mute whenever I mute through sound mixer)

I tried to check if volume played a role by putting my league volume all the way to 100% but it still worked perfectly fine, however any other sound will disrupt this and cause my monitor to not play audio again (odd little millisecond of sound every couple seconds)

This has to be the weirdest PC issue I've ever experienced and I really want to get this resolved, I'm relatively sure now that my monitor is not the issue}
Oh and when I say anywhere else I mean literally anywhere, you know that little sound windows makes when you adjust your audio? Even that little sound will stop my monitor from playing audio properly, and I'll have to reopen the league menu to get it working again

Go to the speaker Icon in the bottom right hand corner, Right Click, Click Sounds, Go to Playback.
Here you can see all your devices. assign your monitor as the primary device (only works if you are connected via HDMI)
Sometimes the monitor speakers are listed twice, once as a generic monitor speaker and another as HDMI. Select whichever works and disable the other one

TRENDING THREADS