[SOLVED] Audio stutter and cut out

seandmceachin1

Prominent
Apr 13, 2018
I've been having this issue for months now, and it seems to be two symptoms of the same problem. First off my audio in cuts out Once every 5 minutes or so, and only works again once I unplug, and replug the USB dongle for my headset. In addition my audio will occasionally stutter along with a slight spike in CPU usage, and when the audio in seems to cut out randomly at the exact moment of some of the stutters. For example, 5 stutters may occur in 4 minutes, and the audio in will stop working on the 3rd stutter. I consider myself extremely competent with generally fixing issues like this and I've tried all of the things, reinstalled drivers, reinstalled windows, clearing the CMOS, using no headset software, reseating the ram, and many more things but nothing seems to fix the issue. Right now I feel like it's the integrated sound on my MSI motherboard might be damaged, it wouldn't be the first thing to randomly die on that board, but it's odd there's a spike in CPU usage at the same time, any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Solution
Hello

Can you please tell if you already tried updating the BIOS?

Also, if the most updated audio and video drivers don't work correctly, you may want to try installing their earlier built and see if the issue is fixed. Trying this is important as sometime the new drivers are not as compatible with the hardware as their predecessors are, and installing the old versions resolves the problem.

Good Luck!
Hello

Can you please tell if you already tried updating the BIOS?

Also, if the most updated audio and video drivers don't work correctly, you may want to try installing their earlier built and see if the issue is fixed. Trying this is important as sometime the new drivers are not as compatible with the hardware as their predecessors are, and installing the old versions resolves the problem.

Good Luck!

Solution