Audio stuttering and popping

michaelwooley

Prominent
Sep 28, 2017
So I decided to make another thread about this issue I've been having to sort of recollect my thoughts on what might be causing this audio issue.

So to start off, a while back I got a new case for my build. I put everything in my new case and everything seemed good, I have put quite a few computers together so that wasn't an issue. But then I decided to plug in some headphones into the front 3.5mm audio jack. The port was a tight fit for some reason, I didn't think much of it, but I noticed soon after that my headphone audio would mess up a lot, especially when I moved the headphone jack around.

So that's just the first part. The main issue now is that I have bought and returned a HyperX Cloud Flight wireless USB headset because It had issues, but then found out that even my new SteelSeries Arctis Pro's have the same exact issues.

The issue with the two USB headsets is a very frequent stuttering and just general audio glitches, pops, crackles, whatever you would like to call them. Either way these sounds are very annoying and they are not something that anyone could just ignore. I questioned whether or not this was just how usb headsets worked but I couldn't imagine that.

Anyways I have tried everything, I mean everything to try and solve these issues.
I tried plugging into every single USB port that I have, even the external USB ports that are on my monitor, no matter where I plug the USB into I have issues. It's not better one place over the other.
I tried updating drivers - nope
Reinstalling Windows? - nope
Reinstalling drivers? - nope
Disabling audio enhancements/ changing audio quality rates - nope

This Issue seems to happen mostly with online video by the way.
BUT I have noticed funny audio cracks while playing games, specifically Fallout 4, some random pop that would happen every once in a while, who knows...

Another thing that I've been trying to do is to get my Realtek Audio back. Yea my motherboard sound is supposed to be Realtek Audio and no matter what I do I cannot get it enabled again. Don't know if this is related to my issues, It just was something I managed to mess up when I was troubleshooting my sound issues.

By the way I have also tested my usb headset on my ASUS laptop. It also seems to have an audio popping issue, but not so much a stuttering issue... yet.
I thought It was so strange that both my pc and laptop were having a very similar issue, with
TWO DIFFERENT USB HEADSETS!!! Yes both the hyperx cloud flight wireless, and the steelseries arctis pro wired.

So wireless isn't the problem. I thought at this point that my pc had some curse that when you plug a usb headset into it, it just destroys it or something.

Anyways, I would appreciate any help with this, obviously you can probably tell this is driving me insane, so thank you in advance for any of the help you provide. Let me know if I can give you any more info to help solve this.

My PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/WooleyHD/saved/Rcyrxr
My laptop: Don't know exactly, its an AsusPro i7-7500U I think

TRENDING THREADS