Jun 10, 2019
Hey Guys,

so I have some issues with my current setup:

Intel Xeon E3 1240 V3
16 Gb DDR3 1600 RAM
Asrock H87 Pro 4
Asus Strix GTX 1070
Windows 10 64 bit

basically, whenever something is playing audio (videos, games, music) every few seconds it stops for a moment, similar to frame skipping in video games.
I have tried uninstalling every driver, updating everything, but the issue still persists.

The strange thing is that only the sound stutters / lags, not the program itself, there are no FPS drops or similar things...

Help would be much apprechiated :)

Hello

Can you please confirm if you tried installing an earlier version of the driver? Due to compatibility issues, sometime the latest version of the drivers fail to work correctly.

Also, if you're using Bluetooth headphones/speakers, please ensure that there's no high power magnetic field nearby, and the Wireless router (if you're using one) is at minimum of 1ft - 2ft distance.

In addition to this, please disable Bluetooth on any other unconnected device such as your mobile phone searching for a Bluetooth speaker or headphone to connect to.

Please report back with the results for any further assistance if the above ones fail to resolve the problem.

Cheers!!

Jun 10, 2019
Hey Dude,

thank you very much for your reply!

I have god and bad news for you:
The good news are that the problem is fixed now!
The bad news are that my hard drive died shortly after the stuttering-problem occured, so I guess there was some kind of connection.

So after my HDD died I replaced it with an SSD I grabbed on sale and now everything works fine again. (Hopefully until Ryzen 3000 releases haha)

Thank you very much anyways!