Jul 2, 2013
I recently bought a new gaming rig, here's the specs
CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core
Mobo: MSI B75MA-P45 Micro ATX LGA1155
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
GFX: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB
PSU: XFX 550W ATX12V / EPS12V

When I made this computer, I receive audio stutters and computer freezes and displays a message display driver (nvidia driver version) has stopped responding and has recovered stuff. Then, I decided to update all my drivers to see if it would resolve such as, bios, in board sound, gfx drivers (320.49), network adapters and etc. As I did, the problem still consist but happens less now but without the display driver message (though it happens rarely now) and seems to mostly happen after playing games for more then 30 mintues or so. This happens until I manually reboot but I was still able to move around my computer (with the audio stutters and freezes of course) and I check my task manager to see that my CPU usage spikes up to 100% which is really strange because I do not play that high intensive games nor use programs that uses a lot of my comptuer too and my gfx/cpu should handle them too.
Games I play are CSGO and LoL
Also note that this does not occur almost at all when I browse through the web. I use firefox and chrome.
I was curious if anyone knows what is wrong with my computer and any help would be nice :) total computer newb

Solution

If everything is up to date and its still frequently crashing, I suspect that it could be a faulty component. Display driver failures are common when the GPU is unstable, but can also happen in some buggy games. If it happens across the board with all sorts of games, try testing it in another PC if you can and if it persists, RMA the card.

Sounds to me like a bus conflict.

You should install the latest Intel chipset drivers, latest Intel RST drivers (storage controller), latest Realtek 8111E ethernet drivers, and the latest Realtek ALC887 audio drivers.

The chipset drivers are usually the culprit here.

jackyjacky

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013

I downloaded a lot of drives to the latest that I do not even know what I downloaded, here's the devices I downloaded though and hope you can pin point the crucial ones :/
http://imgur.com/ll07iGv,hWvlKEa,pZXQ3Jr

Here's the chipset driver

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/20775/eng/infinst_autol.exe

Here's the Intel PCH storage controller driver

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/22676/a08/SetupRST.exe

Here's the Intel PCH USB 3.0 driver

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/21129/eng/Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Controller_Driver.zip

jackyjacky

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013

Anything else I should download to insure any of the problems will not occur again? Also, I have downloaded and restarted as requested from the links you gave me, I'll try to test some games right now to see if the problem is still there

You may also want to make sure that the firmware for your SSD is fully up to date.

jackyjacky

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013

It seems like the display driver message as appeared more often but when my audio stutters or computer freezes, it black screens and puts my computer to normal. Not sure if it is a good thing to allow my gfx to do that but will try to see if anything persist for a extended period of time. For now, I will call it a night and test it in the morning.

jackyjacky

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
It seems like the display driver message occurs more often when playing games but it puts my computer back to normal. Maybe it is either the bad driver by nvidia since a lot of people have said 320.xx drivers and up are bad atm or it could be that my gfx is faulty. RMA?

If everything is up to date and its still frequently crashing, I suspect that it could be a faulty component. Display driver failures are common when the GPU is unstable, but can also happen in some buggy games. If it happens across the board with all sorts of games, try testing it in another PC if you can and if it persists, RMA the card.

Solution

jackyjacky

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013

CONFIRMED: swtiching with my friend's old 9800 gt have no problems most likely a faulty component in my gtx 760 will request a rma ^^

Yup, time to RMA that thing

Latest posts