Question audio suddenly keeps switching to different audio devices

lovdagame

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
Can anyone give me advice on why my audio suddenly keeps switching to different audio devices/freezing games and going on the web audio cuts off. all drivers are up updated i even reinstalled the audio devices but no luck

H0PEFU11Y

Great
Apr 30, 2019
Can anyone give me advice on why my audio suddenly keeps switching to different audio devices/freezing games and going on the web audio cuts off. all drivers are up updated i even reinstalled the audio devices but no luck
I would just disable the audio devices altogether (in device manager) and if it still persists, then uninstalling the drivers (don't reinstall) as well.

swineadam

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
if you don't find it is a driver issue... it could be your headphone jack as dust in it or something. or... i found if my keyboard wire rubs against the top port on the front of my case, it will activate it. trolol

could try blowing some air in there with a canister.

if it is the headphone jack, and you can't resolve it with the air duster... you could check your audio settings. i don't about others, but i have Realtek and it has a console/manager app. go in there and you should find one or two settings. 1 settings is for notifications, check the other setting. the other setting is for jack detection. disable jack detection.

only bad thing about this, it will detect headphones as always plugged in. so when you plug your headphones in, it won't automatically switch to it.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS