[SOLVED] Audio suddenly stopped working

Jul 7, 2019
Ever since I built my pc, my mic has always cut out at random points. Yesterday, my headset kept buzzing and making weird noises so I restarted my pc, then my mic stopped working. Now I launched my pc and I can't hear anything out of my headset and mic still doesn't work, Also, when I go into sound and click test on my headset I get the test sound.

Is this a faulty motherboard?

Motherboard = MSI B350M PRO-VDH

Solution
Ever since I built my pc, my mic has always cut out at random points. Yesterday, my headset kept buzzing and making weird noises so I restarted my pc, then my mic stopped working. Now I launched my pc and I can't hear anything out of my headset and mic still doesn't work, Also, when I go into sound and click test on my headset I get the test sound.

Try downloading/ updating the drivers for it. Also, perhaps try disabling and reenabling the mic (as the output) in settings.

H0PEFU11Y

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019

Try downloading/ updating the drivers for it. Also, perhaps try disabling and reenabling the mic (as the output) in settings.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS