Question Audio Sync issues. Please send help. I'm at my breaking point.

Softify

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
So for about a year now i'm having audio sync issues on pretty much everything. Twitch, Youtube, local video files on my PC, you name it. The delay is about 0.5 seconds. Audio plays before the video by about 0.5s. Also some videos/streams do not have the delay and some do (the overwhelming majority has it) and that's a major contributing factor to why i am going crazy. Audio in games seem to be totally fine in case that helps. I've tried everything that i can think of and i have contacted others that have the same issue online to see if they found a fix but no one managed to find one so far. I'm gonna list everything i can think of even though i am not that tech savvy.

gtx 1060
i7 6800k
2 screens both 1080p and set to 60hz
asus x99-ud4 mobo
samsung ssds
wd black hdd

Browser choice makes no difference. The desync is there on all of them. Hardware acceleration doesn't do anything on Chrome. It's the same even if it's turned on or off.
I've tried plenty of realtek driver versions but no success. Currently i am on 6.0.8720.1. Same with Nvidia drivers. Currently on the latest version ( I've been using Display Driver Uninstaller for years to clean install my Nvidia Drivers pretty much every time there's a new verison). Like i said i have had this issue for a year now and it's worth mentioning that i keep every single thing on my PC updated to the latest stuff.
I have the k-lite codec pack. I don't even know if that makes any difference but i've tried both with and without it and saw 0 differences.
I read on some post about a dude saying that re-seating his GPU fixed the problem for him. Not sure how that even did anything for him but i tried it and no dice.
I also saw lots of people having success with turning off fast boot on settings and on BIOS. That's also made no difference for me. On or Off, bios or not it makes no difference.
Audio Enhancement on or off also make no difference at all.

That's about all i can think of right now. I'll add more if i think of something. If someone needs more specific info please reply and i'll provide it right away. I appreciate all the help.

P.S. I am not sure if this is the right section of the forum to post this to. Apologies if it's not.

Last edited:

Softify

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
Given it's the video that plays about 0.5s after your audio, you should try doing a clean install of your Nvidia drivers using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to remove any issues or settings from a previous driver install.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ulQYC_HP9s
Thanks for mentioning it. I also forgot to add this to my post. I've been using DDU for years and i am always doing a clean install of my Nvidia drivers every time there's a new version. Sadly that hasn't helped one bit. I've played with the graphics settings for more hours than one person should in their lifetime. Thanks a lot for replying!.

Softify

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
Thanks a lot for replying once again. My PC has always been in High Performance indeed.
I have used LatencyMon after reading it in a post a couple months ago. I did get an error about throttling but i never managed to fix that no matter what i did. And from what i can see in HWMonitor and Afterburner my CPU doesn't seem to be throttling at all. I also don't know how to make sense of the rest of the stuff i see on screen. Let me find that screenshot from that time.

pKqi7qE.png

I must admit i haven't updated my BIOS and from what i saw there was a new update a year and a half ago or so. I'm skeptical though as i've never done that before and i don't want to potentially screw things up by messing with it unless it's a last resort.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019
I can tell you that I had Windows 10 for years, and never had any issues with my audio. Then about a month ago, windows update ran and my sound stutters. I tried system restore, didn't work. Windows wouldn't let me go back, and reinstall a previous version of Windows 10 without updates. I checked and read many forums, tried everything, and still nothing works. I have a nvidia card as well. I heard it is a conflict between Windows and my hardware, and Microsoft doesn't have a fix for it. That is what I was reading. I haven't tried reformatting my hard drive and do a new install, which I don't want to do, because that would be a big pain.